“Bringing Learning to Life”
Internal Postings are posted on all work site bulletin boards. VINTA applicants’ seniority and qualifications will be considered before a posting becomes available as an external posting. All teacher external postings are located on the Make a Future website.
Teachers receive a remote and rural schools recruitment allowance and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about Vancouver Island North’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement.
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
HOW TO APPLY
Teaching applicants, please apply through the Make a Future website. To apply for a job posting:
- Log into your Make a Future account
- Ensure your documents are current
- Search for the School District No. 85 job postings
- Click the “apply” button
- If there is no posting for a particular job on Make a Future, we are not accepting applications for that position. Applicants can stay current with our employment opportunities by subscribing to the email alerts feature on the Make a Future website.
TEACHER QUALIFICATION SERVICES
working, or planning to work, in the public schools of British Columbia. The primary function of the TQS is to assist teachers and their employing school boards in establishing the qualifications of teachers for salary purposes. SD85 requires that all of its teachers hold a membership with the Teacher Regulation Branch and be in possession of a TQS card.
#33D TTOC Closes: June 16, 2023
#79 – NISS – 0.57 FTE TEMP Science 8, Science 9 Posted until filled
#84C- EVES -1.0 FTE -Temp-Grade 2-3 Closes: June 13, 2023
2023-2024 School Year:
#5B-FRES-0.87 FTE Temporary – Grade 4-5 Closes: June 10, 2023
#10A-EMX-0.48 FTE Continuing – PE 8-12, Foods 8-12, Outdoor Ed 8-12 Closes: June 10, 2023
#12D- EVES -0.20 FTE -Continuing – Prep Coverage Closes: June 19, 2023
#14B-PHSS-1.0 FTE Continuing – LART Closes: June 13, 2023
#18A-SES-0.80 FTE Temporary – Grade 1-2 Closes: June 10, 2023
TEACHERS TEACHING ON CALL (TTOC)
TTOC’s at School District No. 85 can work up to 4 – 5 days per week. Resumes are being accepted for all grade levels as well as the specialty areas. For Teacher on Call hiring, School District No. 85 uses the Make a Future website. You may apply online clearly stating that you are applying for a Teachers Teaching on Call position. Alternatively, you may send your resume and application form to:
Rena Sweeney, Assistant Superintendent
School District No. 85 (Vancouver Island North)
P.O. Box 90, Port Hardy, B.C. V0N 2P0