What is SEY2KT?
- A multi-partner initiative designed to improve early learning experiences and transition processes for BC children and families
- Brings together educators from school districts and and community settings to design and implement ongoing collaborative actions based on local resources and needs
- Based on themes that emerged from regional sessions involving over 1500 participants
- Grounded in research on transitions from early childhood to primary school and successful transformations to a learning leadership model (OECD 2015)
- Aligned with the revised Early Learning Framework (BC 2019)
~Upcoming events ~
“Relationships are all there is. Everything in the Universe exists because it is in relationship to everything else. Nothing exists in isolation. We humans want to be together. Truly connecting with another human being gives us joy. We have to slow down. Nothing will change for the better until we do. We need time to think, to learn together to know each other. The cure for despair is not hope. It’s discovering what we want to do about something we care about.”Margaret Wheatley, writer and teacher