School District No. 85 (Vancouver Island North) offers enhancement programs to all students of Indigenous Ancestry: First Nations, Inuit, and Metis. In addition, Indigenous Programs provide opportunities for all schools and students to enhance their understanding of Indigenous culture.
Indigenous Program goals served through School District No. 85 are:
- The recognition and honoring of Indigenous culture, history and values;
- To increase the level of academic success for our students;
- Inclusion of Indigenous content in all subject areas and at all grade levels; and
- To work together to foster success for Indigenous students through relationship building and partnerships with parents, families, and communities.
- All partners are committed to providing Indigenous Students with a high level of support and resources that encourage Language Revitalization.
Critical Thinking Pilot Project with Simon Fraser University & Queensland University