| || || |
| Who's Online|
There are currently, 23 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.
|The Environment - Sustainability - Earth Day |
DID YOU KNOW?
- the first Earth Day took place in 1970 and involved 20 million people. Today, Earth Day involves more than one billion people around the world.
- More and more clothing is being made from recycled plastic. patagonia, Quicksilver and Billabong are just a few brands that use the recycled plastic - saving one tonne of greenhouse gases for every tonne of recycled PET.
- Innovative water-producing devices like the Groasis Waterboxx and the Fog Collector can help bring water to arid nations - helping thousands of lives in the process.
- EARTH DAY IN CANADA
here in Canada, Earth Day is a much-celebrated event. More than six million Canadians participate in local events and projects to address local environmental issues. And nearly every school child in Canada takes part in an Earth Day activity. In fact, Earth Day has grown into earth Week and even Earth month in order to accomodate the profusion of events and projects. These events include:
- Victoria's Earth Walk (5,000 participants);
- Edmonton's Earth Day Festival at Hawrelak park (30,000 participants);
- Oakville, Ontario's Waterways Clean-up (2,000 participants); and
- Thousands of small, private events staged by schools, employee groups and community groups.
| Spring Time : ) What a wonderful refreshing time to get outside and start cleaning up! |
But first of all we have an apology to make for one of last months’ tips. As we are promoting chemical free products we let one tip slip through concerning stains on porcelain tubs, sinks and tiles. It involved using bleach which is totally not chemical free. A substitute for cleaning porcelain or ceramic surfaces is powdered laundry detergent.
Is it time to spring clean your garage? Here are some easy helpful tips to follow:
If you accidentally spill oil, brake fluid, transmission fluid, etc on your garage floor or driveway sprinkle salt on the spill and wait about 15 minutes. Salt will soak up some of the liquid and make it easier to clean up.
Use dishwashing detergent or powdered laundry detergent to remove really tough stains. Cover stain with detergent, let sit for a while and then with some hot water scrub with a stiff brush.
To spring clean your car:
Use X-TRECO – the revolutionary cleaning cloth for your car’s headlights, chrome, windows, tires, vinyl seats, floor mats, wiper blades, etc. Just wet X-TRECO with water, wring it, and wipe it ~ it’s just that easy!
Cutting your grass:
To keep grass from sticking to your lawnmower blades coat them with vegetable oil or Vaseline before mowing. It will keep the blades from getting rusty too!
Plant your seeds in the cups of a cardboard egg carton. When the seedlings are ready to be planted outside in the garden, plant them directly into the soil, carton and all!
A fun way of planting your seeds ~ make unflavored, clear Knox gelatin in a small clear glass baking pan and drop some seeds on the top before the gelatin hardens completely. Children can watch the roots grow down as the plants grow up!
The ECO Edge has a blog where we post information including everyday useful eco facts & tips, promo codes and exclusive offers. Join our blog today @ http://www.theecoedge.com/blog.php.
Visit our website today to learn more about fundraising with X-TRECO – the eco-friendly cleaning cloth.
The ECO Edge Co.
More information on environmental awareness is available on our Environment Page.
[ Go Back ]